Features at a Glance
- FlexDeck shock absorption system reduces joint damage
- Dual console options for proprietary and third-party apps
- Energy saving 3.0 horsepower smart motor
- Roomy 60” running track
- 15% power incline
- Both wireless and contact-based heart rate monitoring
Life Fitness T3 Overview
The Life Fitness T3 treadmill is the cream-of-the-crop of level-1 treadmills, and is an excellent beginner treadmill for home gyms. It was designed with both form and functionality in mind. It boasts a sleek body, with an aesthetically pleasing design that will look great in any home. It’s streamlined to be the ideal choice for anyone in need of a home treadmill, and is built to withstand many miles. It offers many of the most notable features of the Life Fitness brand of treadmills, but at a significantly lower price than it’s bigger brother, the T5.
The Life Fitness T3 is an absolute dream to run on, which is due to the spacious running deck and their specialized FlexDeck shock absorption system, which greatly reduces the impact on your joints caused by running. The FlexDeck system both enhances the comfort as well as reduces stress to knees and joints during your workout. This is a common concern for a lot of home runners; they don’t want a machine that will exacerbate their joint problems. While you should always talk to your doctor about these concerns, the Life Fitness T3 Treadmill was designed with this specifically in mind. Your comfort is important.
- 60” x 20” running track (great for sprinting)
- FlexDeck shock absorption cushion for a 30% reduction in joint impact
- Power incline of up to 15%
Display and Digital Features
The T3 is also a very user friendly treadmill model. It features an integrated smartphone and tablet holder, which can also serve as a reading rack, so you can multitask and get things done during your workout. The quick start feature of the Life Fitness T3 treadmill remembers your preferred walk, jog, and run speeds, as well as up to three different incline positions. That means a lot less time fiddling with the controls to optimize your workout, and a lot more time getting a great workout in.
The primary usage of the training programs on the Life Fitness T3 is done through their 2 unique consoles: “Go” and Track+.” Each console comes preloaded with a variety of training programs, and the Track+ console enables users to create their own custom program. These consoles are compatible with a wide variety of third-party fitness apps, and work on both Android and iPhone devices.
If you’re wanting to keep track of your heart rate during your workout on the Life Fitness T3 treadmill, the handles of the treadmill both contain heart rate monitors. All you have to do is touch them to get a reading. It also supports wireless heart rate monitoring.
- 2-console capability for Life Fitness mobile app and other third-party apps
- More than a dozen preloaded training programs on Go and Track+ consoles
- Track+ lets users create custom fitness programs
- Wireless and contact-based heart rate monitoring
The motor of the Life Fitness T3 is fairly standard for a commercial-grade running treadmill. The 30 horsepower motor comes from MagnaDrive, which is very quiet for the power that you get. With the motor, you can consistently get between .5 and 12 mph speeds with a max carry weight of 350 lbs.
- 3.0 horsepower motor with a 10 year warranty
- Top speeds of 12mph
- Max carry weight of 350 lbs
- Commercial 2-ply running belt